Hagley College Digital Citizenship Agreement
Hagley College's Digital Citizenship Agreement is based on Hagley's values. The Agreement is designed to keep ourselves and others safe whilst using digital devices while enrolled at school.
Hagley Colleges values are:
- Whakamarumaru (Responsibility)
- Whakawhirinaki (Trust)
- Mana (Respect)
- Tika (Integrity)
Digital Citizenship encompasses digital: access, literacy, communication, security, etiquette, rights and responsibilities, commerce, health and wellness, and law.
The term 'digital device' refers to all digital technologies including, but not limited to, computers, tablets, music devices, cell phones, cameras, USB drives. This digital device may be owned and maintained by Hagley College or by the individual student or staff member of the College
When using digital devices, I am responsible and act with integrity. I must not use a digital device at any time to upset, offend, harass, threaten, defame or harm anyone. I will not undertake any activity that may bring harm to individuals or bring Hagley College into disrepute.
- I will avoid any involvement with material or activities which could put at risk my own safety, or the safety, privacy, reputation or security of the school or other members of the school community.
- I will not allow anyone else to use my password nor will I use anyone else's.
- I will not misrepresent myself or others. I understand that I am responsible for actions undertaken in my name.
- I will not breach a person's right to privacy by posting, publishing or releasing any personal information, including images or video without their express permission. This includes the use of social media sites.
- I will not plagiarise or pass off others' work as my own. I will fully acknowledge the origin and ownership of materials I use as appropriate.
- I will not breach New Zealand Copyright Law by downloading, copying, sharing, saving or distributing copyright material such as music, videos, games or programmes in any form.
- I will not save, copy or distribute illegal or non-educational material.
- I will not use my cell phone in lessons, unless the teacher gives me their express permission.
- I will not make any attempt to bypass security, monitoring and filtering that are in place at school.
- I will not access or attempt to access inappropriate or objectionable material or sites restricted for my age. If I accidentally access inappropriate material or receive inappropriate material, I will immediately inform my teacher and the eLearning Leader or a member of the College's ICT Services Team.
- I am responsible for the security and safety of my own digital devices and the data that is kept on them.
I will respect all technology and systems and treat them with care.
- I will not intentionally disrupt the smooth running of any school technology systems.
- I will not tamper with school technology, nor attempting to gain unauthorised access to any technology or College ICT system.
- I will use the internet fairly.
- I will respect the property of others.
- I will report any breakages/damage to school or others' technology to the College ICT Services Team and class teacher.
I understand that:
- I am accountable for my actions, and Hagley College can monitor my digital technologies activity at any time.
- Hagley College's computers are provided to students for educational use.
- Hagley College will, wherever and whenever possible, filter and screen any inappropriate (including dangerous and illegal) material but I as the end user will need to exercise judgement in accessing only educationally appropriate materials.
- The data held on any digital device that I use (College or personally owned) may be searched when requested by the Director of Infrastructure and ICT.
Breaches or suspected breaches of the terms of this agreement will be investigated and may lead to disciplinary action. If you have any questions about this Digital Citizenship Agreement, you may contact the Director of Infrastructure and ICT.